Green Kid Crafts Fact Sheet
Thank you for your interest in Green Kid Crafts! Please see below for some key points and contact us anytime for additional information, samples or images.
To download high res images, please click here.
Media Contact: email@example.com
- Green Kid Crafts delights over ten thousand kids across North America each month with fun, creative and eco-friendly craft and STEM activities (science, technology, engineering, and mathematics), aligned to national standards, delivered right to their door through the company’s subscription program!
- Every month’s Discovery Box is packed with 4-7 unique and engaging activity kits designed to foster a child’s creativity and confidence while helping to raise the nation’s next generation of creative leaders.
- Our Discovery Boxes are as low as $17.95/month.
- Green Kid Crafts’ Creativity Kits, STEM Science Kits, and monthly Discovery Boxes are developed by teachers, crafty moms, and STEM experts to support key developmental skills for kids ages 3-10.
- Their award-winning products celebrate creativity and activates thinking, questioning, inquiring, and original creation while aligning with the company’s Happy & Healthy Child criteria. Each activity is also kid tested and parent approved for fun.
- Each month brings a new theme; past themes have included Mad Scientist, Nocturnal Animals, Around the World, Outer Space, and Feathered Friends.
- Green Kid Crafts is a mom-owned, green company founded by Penny Bauder, a mom of two and an environmental activist from Alaska. The company operates a virtual office, employing a network of passionate team members based across the US from California to Alaska to Connecticut.
- Our program has won a variety of awards including Dr. Toy’s Best Green Products of 2013, PTPA Seal of Approval, a recommendation from Parents’ Choice, MACT Excellence and MACT Green Awards and Red Tricycle’s Award for Most Awesome Subscription Service.
- Green Kid Crafts is certified carbon neutral, Green America Approved, a member of 1% for the Planet, and has won numerous awards and designations for its responsible business practices. You can also read more about our “eco ingredients” online.
- We encourage anyone interested in crafting, creativity and natural parenting to subscribe to our email newsletter and join us on our social media channels: Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest — believe it or not, we are actually one of the top 100 pinners in the world!
- Subscriptions are available in month-to-month, 3, 6 and 12 month durations, and also make great gifts! Subscriptions start at $16.95 / month, and sibling subscriptions are also available. Order at dev.greenkidcrafts.com.
- The company also offers single purchase Discovery Boxes, Creativity Kits, Science Kits, and Birthday Party activities and favors.
- 2013 Dr. Toy’s Best Green Product
- 2013 Creative Child Magazine Best Creative Play of the Year
- 2013 Parent’s Choice Recommended
- 2012 Startup Nation Leading Moms in Business Winner
- 2012 Green America People & Planet Awards Winner
- 2012 “Best Subscription Service” – Red Tricycle Awesome Awards
- 2012 MACT Green Award
- 2012 MACT Excellence Award
- Green Kid Crafts donates a portion of sales to environmental charities through its membership in 1% for the Planet.
- We work with local chapters of the Boys and Girls Club to do creative activities in underserved areas.
- All of the materials in Green Kid Crafts line of craft kits and supplies meet our standards for sustainability and are reusable, recyclable and/or compostable and sourced from nature. You can see more specifics on our ‘eco ingredients’ here.
Read more about our overall commitment to Social Responsibility here.
- Green Kid Crafts delights kids and their parents with fun, creative, educational, and earth-friendly arts, craft, and science activities, delivered right to their door each month! Every Discovery Box is packed with 3-4 unique and engaging Creativity and Science Kits designed to foster a child’s creativity and confidence while developing their understanding of the world around them.
- Appropriate for ages 3-10, our open-ended projects are reviewed by experts to align with our Happy & Healthy Child principles, and kid tested and parent approved for fun.
- Each month brings a new theme relating to arts, crafts, and science; past themes have included Backyard Science, Nocturnal Animals, Around the World, Kitchen Science, Outer Space, and Green Energy.
- All Green Kid Crafts Subscribers receive a copy of Green Kid! Activities Guide (a $5.95 value) for free every month. Each issue is filled with tons of additional content for continued exploration and discovery all around the month’s theme, including additional parent resources, book recommendations, puzzles, games, coloring activities, and much more!
- Subscribe to Green Kid Crafts for $19.95/month, or send a gift subscription for a 3, 6, or 12 month subscription plan. Sibling subscription packages and digital subscriptions are also available. Subscribe or learn more at GreenKidCrafts.com.
You can learn more about our subscription program here.
Images & Media Contact
- Images are available by request or through our public folder on Google Drive.
To request additional images, samples or other information please contact our Marketing Director, Penny Bauder, at Penny (at) GreenKidCrafts.com.